A feature is not necessary a benefit to a customer!
The three most important questions for a product or service are:
- WHO CARES?
- WHY SHOULD THEY CARE?
- WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL?
- Who would benefit from the product or the product feature?
- What are the buyer profile(s) that am I targeting with the product or particular feature/benefit?
- This may be broken down to stakeholders in the buyer process, e.g. advisor, end-user, manager, final decision maker, etc.
- What buyer problem(s) is this going to solve?
- Whose life is this going to make better?
Why Should They Care? "So What"?
- What is in it for them (benefits)?
- This may differ for different buyers or target markets
- How will the prospect benefit from the product or features (solve the customer’s problem)?
- What customer pain points am I going to alleviate/eliminate?
- What does it do for them that a competitor’s product cannot do (unique benefits)?
- What is so special about that feature or function (competitive differentiation)?
- Why should they be willing to pay for that differentiation (value proposition)?
- Why should a prospect act now vs. inaction or status quo (“must have it”)?
- How do you counter "it's been good enough".
What Makes You So Special?
- What makes your solution (product) so unique and better (competitive advantages)?
- What makes your solution any better than the current solution (which may be doing nothing)?