1. Goal of Product Management: Deliver measurable business results through product solutions that meet market AND company objectives.
2. Manage products in a systematic way.
3. The four major focus areas to track and manage are: Business, Organization, Go-to-Market, and Product
4. Forget about Product Life Cycle Stages. Focus on Product Lifecycle OBJECTIVES.
5. Product lifecycle objectives are: Build it, Nail it, Scale it, Extend it, Milk it, End it! (I absolutely love this mantra.)
6. Each Lifecycle stage has its own unique Product Management focus and objectives.
7. Use key business metrics to manage each focus area for the current product lifecycle stage.
Saeed's dashboards are excellent templates to use. Highly recommended.