Words to My Boys:
1. Be happy (just not at the expense of others).
2. Laugh. Smile. Sing. It’s fun to imitate Curly from the 3 Stooges (nyuck, nyuck, nyuck).
3. Father beats boy up; when boy grows up, boy beats father up. Remember: I never beat you.
4. Be humble.
5. Be grateful.
6. Run your own race. Find your own your path, goals, objectives, meaning in life.
7. Your attitude will determine your altitude. Think positive and constructively no matter what the situation. You may not be able to change the direction the wind blows, but you can adjust the sails.
8. Stay away (run!) from negative, pessimistic people. They will only drag you down and waste your energy.
9. The most meaningful things in your life should never be sacrificed to those that are least meaningful.
10. Every label you give yourself limits who you are.
11. Work hard. Play hard.
12. Save money for a rainy day.
13. Money cannot buy you love. (It can rent love but don’t do that.)
14. Don’t lend money.
15. Don’t gossip. Always talk about others as if they are present.
16. The 10 commandments are pretty good rules.
17. Read “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey.
18. Don’t ever be afraid of anything or anyone. Live with passion, awareness, and purpose.
19. Be kind and charitable. Don’t ever look down upon anyone unless you are offering to help them up.
20. Soda is bad for you.
21. Stay away from drugs. Don’t even try or experiment.
22. Brush and floss every day, after every meal if possible,
23. Deep down, you will know if it is right or wrong without trying to rationalize it. Always live with integrity.
24. Love and care for each other. We are family.
25. Of all my accomplishments, treasures in my life – being your dad and having you two are number 1. (Also marrying your mom, just in case she reads this.)
I'll probably have more but these are the top 25 on my mind.